Welcome to Miss Hai's Reading Corner

A little about me

My name, at least the one I'll go by on here, is Miss Hai. It's a nickname one of my aunts bestowed
upon me and I fell in love with it. 

More about me, I'm a student at a local community college and a stay-at-home mother to a beautiful baby girl. Being a mom and a student is no easy task, yet I still try to find time to do things I enjoy like reading. Most of the time that means I listen to books instead of reading them, but it's important to make time for the things you love. It's a battle that has only gotten more difficult since becoming a mother. It's too easy to push aside my wants and needs in order to satisfy hers, however, I am a better mother and person when I succeed in finding a balance in caring for both her and myself.

One of the better photos of my daughter and I

The goal of this blog

I won't lie, I started this blog for an assignment. However, I think it'll be fun to discuss the books I have listened to or read. My goal is to listen to or read one book a week and then write about it. I'll start every blog post with a synopsis of the book or possibly of the series depending on what makes the most sense based on the book I've read. Then I spend the rest of the post expressing thoughts about what I read. My hope is that it will be like being in an online book club. I've always liked the idea of being in a book club, but this way I get to pick all the books to read and discuss.

To those who choose to comment

The only thing I ask for anyone who wishes to comment is to keep the comments respectful and kind. I have no qualms with anyone who disagrees with anyone and wishes to express it. However, if the comments become hateful or "toxic" I will disable the comments. That being said, I do look forward to the comments and discussions.


Comments

Popular Posts